Please read these terms and conditions of website use carefully before using the Kootenay Rockies Tourism site. By continuing to use the Kootenay Rockies Tourism site, you agree to comply with and be bound by all of the terms and conditions set out below. We received the right, at our sole discretion, to modify these terms and conditions at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms and conditions. You agree to review the terms and conditions periodically to be aware of such modifications and your continued use of the Kootenay Rockies Tourism site shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the terms and conditions as modified from time to time.
Accommodation & Activities
Kootenay Rockies Tourism may provide links to tourism businesses that provide accommodation and/or activities on our website. Clicking on such links takes the visitor directly to the subject businesses’ own website, the terms and conditions of which will apply and Kootenay Rockies Tourism has no further involvement or responsibility.
The information provided on the Kootenay Rockies Tourism site is for reference only and does not constitute and should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of any air carrier, accommodation, restaurant or any other facility, business or event in British Columbia.
While Kootenay Rockies Tourism uses reasonable efforts to ensure all information on the Kootenay Rockies Tourism website is accurate and current, such accuracy and currency cannot be guaranteed and your reliance thereon is at your own risk. All content, including these terms and conditions, is subject to change without notice. We suggest you review these terms and conditions each time you access this website.
The material on the website is owned by the Kootenay Rockies Tourism Association, unless otherwise noted, and protected by copyright law. It may not be reproduced or redistributed without the prior written permission of Kootenay Rockies Tourism Association.
You hereby authorize Kootenay Rockies Tourism to collect and retain all relevant information relating to your use of this site. You further authorize any third party to provide Kootenay Rockies Tourism with such information. This consent is effective on and after today’s date and does not expire.
We at Kootenay Rockies Tourism are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Any personal information provided to us through our website and app is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the British Columbia Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and other applicable legislation. We do not share any phone data.
Facebook Fan Community Guidelines
This page is managed by Shannon between 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri (Mountain Time). Please follow our Community Fan Guidelines:
This page is a place for everybody who loves the Kootenay Rockies (KootRocks). You can connect with others, share your stories, ask questions and discuss everything related to KR travel planning, destinations, events and attractions. This page was created for all who live, work, play, and visit BC. We invite you to share your love for BC through comments and images!
The following Community Guidelines apply to those who choose to engage with this Facebook fan page. By using this fan page and submitting a comment, photo, video and/or other materials, you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) agree to be abide by the following Community Guidelines:
1) Kootenay Rockies Tourism reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove, edit, or otherwise modify any content that does not adhere to these Community Guidelines, Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and other policies from time to time.
2) Please respect other users. This means that any comments or other materials you submit must not be inappropriate, abusive or otherwise offensive, and must not contain, depict or involve (without limitation) any of the following: profanity or otherwise offensive language; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; content that endorses or condones any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity or behaviour; any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the community manager in its sole discretion.
3) Please refrain from impersonating any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity.
4) Comments or opinions expressed on this page are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Kootenay Rockies Tourism, its management or employees. Please remember that Kootenay Rockies Tourism does not have any control over which fans post or whether the majority have different opinions than your own.
5) If you submit a photo, video or other materials to this page, please note that we may re-post these materials from this page (with credit to the original poster). If you are not comfortable with your materials being re-posted with credit by our page, please do not submit them to our page. We will not use your materials on any of our other channels without your express permission.
6) Any materials that are deemed to contain advertisements, “spam” or junk mail content, or advertising, or references to other websites or destinations will be removed by the community manager of this page at its sole discretion. This includes posts deemed to be promotional or excessive posts by a single tour operator or destination.
7) Please remember that this page is public. For your own safety, please do not post or submit any personal information about yourself or third parties (e.g. addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses).
This fan page is a community of people who love "the Kootenays", we moderate this page with the goal of keeping it safe, appropriate and a community rather than an advertising forum - any posts or comments that are intended to disrupt this community will be removed.
Our community manager is knowledgeable about the Kootenays and will try her best to respond in a timely and accurate manner but please do not consider any communication official unless specifically identified as official.
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
When someone visits one of our websites, our web server automatically collects a limited amount of standard information essential to the operation, security and evaluation of the Kootenay Rockies Tourism website. This information helps us to make our site more useful to visitors and includes:
- Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from computers that access our website
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our site
- Date and time our site is accessed
- Pages visited
- Address of any websites linked to
- Content downloaded from our site
We use information collected from cookies or other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
Mgr, Business Dev. & Special Projects
250-427-4838 Ext 210